Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Effective or Righteous?

 

 

James 5:16   

    Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective prayer of a righteous person has great power

 

 

Have you ever met a righteous person? Apparently I have not. For over sixty years in congregations I have attended prayers for sick people have been or are spoken every week. But I have yet to see anyone healed of a serious illness. Sure God is given credit for healing people with minor illnesses and injury but cancer appears to have his number he just doesn't seem to be able to heal a person with cancer.  According to James the effective prayer of a righteous person has great power so for over sixty years I have neither experienced nor have I observed an effective prayer or even a righteous person. I wonder why? Others do not notice.  

 

 

No comments: