Monday, January 3, 2011

What and When is Marriage?

 
Various methods of birth control and society's loose view's of out-of-marriage pregnancies have changed the world. Today with proper cautionary considerations people can have sex with anyone or anything, anywhere, anytime. Less than half a century ago horny teenagers got married, had sex, and in a few years divorced.  Today with such a wide variety of ways to "relieve one's tension" marriage is delayed and in today's society with divorce laws so liberal serves no purpose.
 
A couple of "B" actors are going there separate ways. They had never married. The actress said the prospect of marriage didn't appeal to her. "Not to say that I don't believe in it, but it's just not something that's important to me, But I will have children. I'm too selfish to have them now, but when I do, I don't feel like I need to be married. I need to have a person in my life who will care for me and my children -- nothing else." Questions: What is the definition of marriage if not that? The Bible talks about two becoming one. We talk about "What God has joined together let no man split assunder" or something like that. Does God join them even though they do to want to be joined?
 
Is the actress giving a modern definition to marriage?

 
Thanks, John Jenkins
865-803-8179  cell
Gatlinburg, TN

Email: jrjenki@gmail.com
Website: http://www.greenbriersolutions.com 
Blog: http://littlepigeon.blogspot.com/
 

The very first bomb dropped by the Allies on Berlin in World War II killed the only elephant in the Berlin Zoo.


No comments: