Tuesday, October 26, 2010

MIssion of the Church?

If the church is supposed to be Jesus' body do suppose this just might be the mission of the church?
 
After Jesus had read the scriptures to the people he told his listeners that the prophecy had been fulfilled in their presence, that day.

 

Luke 4:18-19 

    "The Spirit of the Lord is upon me,

        because he has anointed me

            to proclaim good news to the poor.

    He has sent me to proclaim liberty to the captives

        and recovering of sight to the blind,

            to set at liberty those who are oppressed,

    [19] to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor."

 

 
At the "Last Supper" when Jesus washed the feet of the apostles he said

 

John 13:13-17   

    You call me Teacher and Lord, and you are right, for so I am.  [14] If I then, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also ought to wash one another's feet.  [15] For I have given you an example, that you also should do just as I have done to you.  [16] Truly, truly, I say to you, a servant is not greater than his master, nor is a messenger greater than the one who sent him.  [17] If you know these things, blessed are you if you do them. 

 

Do you suppose this just might be the mission of the church?

 

 

 

No comments: